The Consulting CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions
of our clients in accordance with generally accepted accounting
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the
organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and
programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning,
introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and
accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends
in order to assist the CEO and other senior executives in performing
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and
procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve
the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective
developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within
the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education
of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision
making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of
potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and
initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting
mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into
which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for
continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the
group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal
growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Encourages new ideas and approaches to work
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manages and complies with local, state, and federal government
reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop key relationships with auditor, tax preparer, banking,
legal and insurance
- Participate in periodic Board of Director meetings
- Lead fundraising efforts
- Drive M&A activity